Our school day
Arriving at school
The school gates are open from 8.40am
- At 8.40am the two rear doors to the building will be open. School staff will still be on the playground to welcome children to school and be available to talk to parents/carers if needed.
- Between 8.40am and 8.50am children can make their way to their classrooms and be greeted by staff and take part in a calm morning activity.
- At drop off between 8.40am and 8.50am parents /families can send children into school and are free to start their day.
- The school playground gates will be locked at 8.50am. If you arrive after this time, please sign you child(ren) in to school at the main office.
- The gates at the front of school are closed at 9:30am
If you need to speak to a teacher urgently in the morning, you are welcome to come into school with your child(ren) to the classroom or speak to them to arrange to meet at the end of the day.
|8.50am||Start of the school day (registration 8:55am)|
|10.10am - 10.25am||Key Stage 1 playtime|
|10:25am - 10:40am||Lower Key Stage 2 playtime (years 3&4)|
|10:40am – 11:05am||Upper Key Stage 2 playtime (years 5&6)|
|12:00am - 13:05pm||Lunchtime|
|2.30pm - 2:45pm||Reception and Key Stage 1 playtime|
|3.15pm||The school day ends.|
The lunch period for the whole school will be from 12:00 – 1:05. Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 children will have their lunch in the first half and their break in the second half. Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 will have their break in the first half and their lunch in the second.
At the end of the school day
The school playground gates re-open at 3:10pm, teachers will lead the children into the playground.
We politely request that parents/carers leave the school site as quickly as possible at the end of the school day. For safeguarding purposes, it is much easier for staff to ensure that all children have been collected, have permission to walk home and have left the school site, or are at after school clubs/ Sammy's den when the playground is clear and we are then able to lock the school gates again.